Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Very Merry Christmas

We are all in the lull after the excitement of Christmas Morning and just enjoying our presents. While we watch the Planet Earth series, a gift from my parents, on their new HDTV, I'm going to blog about what a wonderful Christmas we had.
~
The picture above is a Flip Video Camera. I didn't know these little guys existed! It's an actual video camera that I can plug right into the computer and upload video. Now, when I post video on my blog, it will have sound! And you will better understand what I'm talking about when I try to explain Gracie's babbling nonsense.
~
Every year we spend Christmas with my family, we put together a program where we sing and play the piano and tell the Christmas Story, which we did Christmas Eve. My mom's dad, my Grandpa Smith, is currently in a nursing home in Orem. So today, after we finished with the presents and got ourselves together, we went to visit and and play the piano and sing for him and my Grandma. It was by far the best part of the day and one of the best Christmas Day's I've ever had. My sister Mary and I play the duet "Sleigh Ride" and my Grandpa loves it. When we finished and I hugged him, he told me he wanted us to play that at his funeral. He's always been so funny.
~
The anticipation doesn't end for me after Christmas. My birthday is on the 28th, this Friday, so that always gives me something to look forward to. I'm not sure what is planned but I have always loved having my entire family around on my birthday. No matter what, it's going to be great. I'm going to be 23 this year and I'm not really affected by it. I've always felt older than I actually am because Robby is about 6 years older than me and all his friends are his age.
~
So I say: "23? Whatever."

7 comments:

tara said...

Well, Happy Birthday early Mel! As you can probably tell from my blog, I've been MIA lately, but it's fun to catch upon yours! Gracie's hair is getting so long! Hope you have a lovely holiday and happy new year!
{{hugs}} Tara

Kelsey said...

Ooh, I'm looking forward to hearing the Gracie babble!

KatieJ said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like a wonderful day! That video thing looks really cool- I've never seen anything like it but I can't wait to see some videos here! Glad you had a good day- I hope your birthday is great too!

crazy lady said...

I absolutely LOVE the Planet Earth series. We just finished watching it again a couple of weeks ago- though if I'm the least bit tired Richard Attenborough's bvoice puts me right out.There's also a series about the ocean that we gave my mom for Christmas done byt the same people - I was tempted to watch it before I gave it to her...
Your camera looks like fun! Very sleek and easy to use.
I love your grampa Smith! I'm glad he still has his great sense of humor. I have great memories of you and Kelsey playing that song too! :)
Enjoy your time with your family and give them hugs from me OK! Love you!

BossyMommy said...

Ok, Mel. I, too, say, 23? WHATEVER! Are you trying to say that you should be depressed about turning 23? Try it way up here at 37, girlfriend!! (o: But really, Happy Birthday, you child!!

Lauren said...

Happy birthday tomorrow! My brother just turned 23, on the 23rd!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Melanie - I'm glad you're enjoying yourself with all the family. You are lucky to be able to visit for so many days. I hope you spend your special day getting lots of hugs and love.

Debbie H