Friday, January 25, 2008

Chaos Can Be Fun - ish

Yesterday, Gracie and I went to the Arizona Youth Science Center. I prepared for craziness and that's exactly what I got. And somehow was charged $10 to listen to kids scream and keep them from hitting Gracie on their way down the slide. What a deal.
~
It really was a success, though. Gracie had a great time fiddling with things she'd never seen before and even waited her turn to go down the slide. Most importantly, she let me know when it was time to go (hence, the last picture).
~
I think I deserve a break today.
By the way, they are going to let me tell my story about Gus on Mormon Mommy Wars so I will keep you updated on when that will be posted.
So today's not so much a break as a day for writing and rewriting.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds exhausting! Those girl's curls are killer! I am so jealous.

Stephanie said...

looks like she had fun. good luck today. i can't wait to see you on mormon mommy wars.

emidinkl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riki Lee said...

She always takes such cute pictures. I love em.

Leigh Anna said...

again...this girl is baby model material. i think it was an excellent idea for you 2 to go out and about the town. it feels good getting out every now and then, and feels even better when you reach your door step! when you get a chance let me know how you are doing, ok peach? i love you.

KatieJ said...

She is a doll- that sounds like a crazy time but I bet Gracie thought it was a blast! Good luck writing your story- I will have to go check out that website.

MARIE said...

Mel, I love your posts so much. I think you have a great outlook on life. I really enjoy reading everything your write.

Tina McKinnon said...

What a cool place! It would be fun to have a wall like that at home to keep the little ones busy! Who needs to talk! Gracie communicated her "I'm finished!" perfectly!
xox

hillary said...

wish I was closer and could have joined you in the chaos. looks like a lot of fun stuff. i'm sure she loved it and i think it's awesome you guys got out and went there. hope your headaches are doing okay (can't imagine the screaming helped :) ). love you!

emidinkl said...

I have to appologize for the comment I left here before. It was late when I left it--I misread and didn't realize that you were posting Gus's story on MMW. I was a little bit light hearted about your posting there and I'm sorry. I just reread my comment and was shocked by how insensitive it was. So I'm sorry about that.