Monday, January 7, 2008

My Eternal Family

(Picture courtesy of Hillary, who did some awesome Photoshopping. Taken July '07.)

For the new year, one of my resolutions is to remember Gus more. I spent so much time after he died trying to forget him and the pain that now I don't have much to go on. I have a few things I'm thinking of and hopefully those will work out somehow. But your ideas are welcomed.

I love my little family. My babies are at their cutest in this picture (including Robby).

I don't know how this year could get any worse than last year, but I really hope it doesn't.

*An Eternal Family ensures I will be able to see my Gus when I die and we will all be together forever. To learn more, visit Mormon.org.*

6 comments:

Amber said...

Mel, what a beautiful picture and a wonderful resolution. I'm sure it won't be easy for you all the time, but I'm sure it will be worth it. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope this year is SO much better than last year for your family.

Tina McKinnon said...

One of the few things I've learned in my 57 1/2 years on this earth is to never, I mean NEVER, say it can't get any worse. It's been like a jinx to me! I hope you have a happy, healthy, and peaceful 2008. xoxoxox

emidinkl said...

I echo Tina's comment. Things may very well be equally challenging in the future-- but what a wise someone once told me, You're ability to cope with those things is now heightened. You are stronger. Plus, you now have more people who have reached out to you to make friends--So your support system has grown. I know I wanted to get to know you better, cause I feel I can learn a lot from ya!

Jim & Jami said...

What a beautiful picture, I truly believe that you will see him again someday. Gracie is so precious.

Judy said...

What a beautiful family. How can people go through life without the knowledge or belief in the atonement and the plan of salvation? How lucky we are to have it. Hugs.

dean and chelle said...

Sweet family. Thank goodness you know about the gospel. Imagine how much better this world would be if everyone knew about it. *sigh*