Friday, February 22, 2008

Father-Daughter Love

Although you can't tell, Gracie is stroking the back of Robby's shoulder.
While he cuddles her and makes her feel safe, it seems she wants to recipricate somehow by massaging his giant shoulder. Turns out to be just the ticket.
It's like she wants to make him feel included in what is going on, or even just comfort him.
This baby loves her daddy.

Another example of her nuturing nature:

The other day I was sitting at our computer crying and could not stop. Gracie came waltzing in and once she realized I was crying, she climbed up on my lap and snuggled into my shoulder, patting my back. She heard me sob a little so she looked at my face and the tears streaming down my cheecks and started wiping them away for me.

I didn't even know she know what crying meant.

For the next 20 minutes, she continued the ritual of hugging me and wiping my tears.

I eventually cheered up and she led me over to the Legos where we usually spend most of our days.

I don't know what I'd do without her.

12 comments:

Amber said...

How sweet. Tucker likes to pat our backs sometimes when we hold him. I'm so glad you have guys have Gracie. My sil was telling me the other day that she was sitting on the couch crying and her youngest climbed up in her lap and wiped her tears. She thought that was so sweet, then noticed that he had socks on his hands, then realized that those were his brother's dirty socks from baseball practice. She went from crying to laughing.
I love the picture of Gus on the sidebar. It's beautiful.

Tina McKinnon said...

Oh, I love that picture.... You guys are so close... It SHOWS!
xox

Michelle said...

Gracie is a beautiful spirit, what's more beautiful than that, is that she chose you and Robby for parents. With her love everything is possible.

Abbie said...

What a sweetie.

Lyndsay said...

that is so very sweet!

Stephanie said...

she is such a sweetheart.

=)Larissa said...

Wow! What a precious little girl you have!

Mrs. Dub said...

miss dub is good with back pats, too, but i'd love a shoulder rub!

not to sound like a broken record, but she's so dang adorable.

Jim & Jami said...

what a loving little one.....think about you guys daily. J-

hillary said...

That is the SWEETEST thing I've ever heard - I love that she sat there with you and hugged you and wiped your tears for you. I'm so grateful she is there to do that for you on behalf of those of us who wish we could be there to do that for you, too. I love that little girl and I love you, sis. :)

Devin and Chelsey said...

She is the Sweetest thing ever, and after actually meeting her, she is just even more of a doll! I am soo excited that I got to see you again! I really Miss you Mel!

Riki Lee said...

What a cute picture! My niece does the same thing.