Monday, February 25, 2008

Meet Puppy Jones

He's my go-to guy after a really, really bad day and a well deserved nap.

Sunday did not treat me well. It started out great and I was sure everything would be just fine at church. Our Home Teachers visited and all was just fine. We made it to church and Gracie struggled a bit but got through the entire first hour without too many complaints.

Once we got to Sunday School, things pretty much started to unravel. A random woman approached me before the meeting started and said she wanted to come visit with me at my house and gave no reason why. I asked her to remind me her name, she told me, and I sill don't remember it. So I'm having a random meeting with a woman I don't know tomorrow for some unknown reason.

Robby and I sat in the front pew during Sunday School because there weren't many people around and it was quick access to the door. The teacher was talking about posterity and something in me snapped and I started sobbing. I did my best to hide it, but Robby said a few chirps here and there made it pretty obvious to people around us.

Once the class was over, I did my best to hide my face as we walked down to hall to the parking lot and we just happened to see every single home teacher/visitng teacher/friend in our ward. I wonder how many calls I'm going to get this week?

We made it home and I continued to sob for a few more hours and decided to make a few more changes in my mediction. I felt much better after crying until I couldn't cry anymore, then took care of the headache with the appropriate medication.

Back to Puppy Jones: He's been with me since I was 12. I've always needed something to cuddle with when I slept all growing up, even in college. Puppy Jones retired when I got married, but he's always on-call in Emergency situations. He's always there for me and I'm not sure what I'd do with out him in situations like this. Robby helps too but I choke him when I try to cuddle him as tightly as Puppy Jones.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

I have a bear that my mom gave me in high school that still hangs out in our bed. It's been with me to Hawaii, London, BYU, etc... It's kind of silly I think, because he sleeps with me every night (except on vacation), but Brian's too big to cuddle with - plus he gets too hot! We gotta do what works.

Tina McKinnon said...

I have to tell you that looking at the picture makes me want one... I am a very tactile person... the way something feels is everything to me! When I buy yarn, fabric, toys for kids, etc., I go up and down the aisles touching the choices! If it's scratchy or not 'touchy-feely', it stays on the shelf! I think maybe I need to pick out my own anniversary or birthday present from Steve this year!! Everyone should have a Puppy Jones!!
love you bunches, m'girl!!
xox

crazy lady said...

Aww Mel. I'm so sorry you had such a miserable day. And after you had made it through a good portion of it as well. It's so frustrating when you don't want to see people and have to deal with their inquiries, well intentioned as they may be. I hope that today will be better for you. I'm sending positive thoughts your way and it's good to know that you have Puppy Jones there when you need him.

Leigh Anna said...

Cuddle away friend...cuddle away. I'm sorry that you have to deal with all this pain and there isn't anything we can do to help. And it is true, I wish you were here to nurse me back to health and I wish I was there to cuddle...But on a lighter note, sweet pic of you, Hill, and Mary...pretty sure that deserves a frame on a wall.

hillary said...

I'm so sorry for your rough day, sis. I'm so glad you have puppy jones to squeeze as tightly as you need to. Keep hangin' in there, sis. Know that we still keep you in our prayers and I think of you guys often. Can't wait to see you in person (and that funny sidekick of yours - I love gracie). On a side note, you might consider picking up a pair of floral leggings, such as the ones I'm wearing in the picture on the right. Those should be able to brighten anyone's day. :)

Karen said...

I love the story that goes with this picture. Robby must have thought that you looked adorable, tiptoed in to get the camera and quietly snapped a treasured shot. Nice.

Excellent job on letting those healing tears flow.

Meredith said...

hey,i have missed your blog, you changed it! I found it on Stacie Rogers. Im sorry for such a bad day. That is so hard. I was hoping to read you were doing better. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Meredith said...

me again, i just spend an hr reading your blog and catching up. Im so sorry for everything you are going through. I read "your story" and cried the whole time (Im glad my husband is out of town, or else he would wonder what I was doing!) You have gone through so much. Im so glad (not as glad as you!) that you have your sweet and CUTE Gracie. Wow, she is beautiful. She seems to be an answer to many peoples prayers to keep you going on the days Im sure you dont want to.Hang in there, I dont know what you are going through, but I pray that things get better. I KNOW they will. Also, about having another baby...dont do it if you dont want to. Who cares what others say! You have to do what YOU feel is right, and if one, cute sassy girl is what you feel is right, then spoil her to your hearts content! :)

Ok, sorry long post, hang in there though

Becky said...

So sorry. I'm glad you have your snuggle puppy.

Mrs. Dub said...

ugh ... i think i might need a puppy jones myself. i totally relate to this entry because i think i spend more time in church trying not to cry, even though i want the emotional release. but what i don't want are tons of calls and sympathy food and awkward conversation with people i hardly know. because sometimes i'm just sad and there's no way to explain it -- yet i feel obligated to explain my outbursts. and then i have to go out of my way the next week to show everyone i'm OK, when i'm not really OK. and neither are you. (but you are still fabulous.)

anyway, i'm rambling, but please hang in there!

Lyndsay said...

I have Pillow (yes, a capital P). I'm sorry you had a hard day. Wouldn't it be nice to say "Another hard day down, only (insert small number) more to go." Thank goodness for the comfort of all the Puppy Joneses out there!