Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BahPa

Our last night in Utah was spent mostly like this. I would tell my dad to lay down Gracie, forget, and 30 minutes later I'd come downstairs to this: A rousing game of foosball where BahPa hits the ball in, Gracie says 'Yeah!' and promptly retrieves the ball, only to put it back in and start again. BahPa has no sense of discipline when it comes to Gracie. We all wanted to watch a movie and waited for everyone but they kept showing up at different times. It was about 11:45 before we actually started the movie.

BahPa kept trying to lay Gracie down but she would cling onto his neck and he felt too bad to actually lay her down. My mom said, 'She's got your number!' I'm not 100% sure what that means but it's got to be something along the lines of 'wrapped around her finger' because that is exactly the hold she has on him. It's great while we're there but now that we are home, she has BahPa Syndrome and thinks we are the worst parents there are. We just need a few days for that to wear off.

Anyway, the flight was actually kind of a disaster. We did have little tv's on the back of the seats but nothing played on them, not even movies and I would have payed for that. Something that was cool was there was a trivia game you could play for free against other passengers on the plane and it told you their seat number and everything. If Gracie would have calmed down a little, I might have been able to play, but she needed constant distraction so that was what I gave her.

So we made it home and we are just trying to survive. That's what has taken me to long to report. But I have more cute pictures to show and hopefully will get those up soon.

6 comments:

Tina said...

What a darling picture... you need to frame that one for BahPa! Way cute! Yeah, trying to gain some semblance of order after visits like that is tough... good luck! I remember the days when Steve's parents would come over at bedtime and his dad would stir the kids all up into a frenzy then leave with this funny little grin on his face!!! Aaagghhh!! NOT funny! Looking back, it is, but back then it was torture! Glad you're home!
xox

Lyndsay said...

That is such a great picture! I love that she calls him BahPa.

emidinkl said...

Oh--I was confused. Thought you were already home. Sorry bout the flight. I'm sure I'll get plenty of those in my future...

Oscar said...

So glad you got to visit your family. I saw the mullet wig on Jenna's blog. That was hot! Your family is so cool and I wish we could watch or take part in your disco/dance parties. Sorry the flight was no good- hope your voice came back though.

Emily said...

Great picture! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Lauren said...

That picture is darling! Umm, that wall with the picture collection is fabulous. Totally cool!