Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bike Ride

Look at this sweet bike Robby got for $20!

We all took a family bike ride and all had a great time minus being sore the next day.

We are going to find her a helmet before our next ride because I was behind Robby the whole time and watching her little head bobble around unprotected was a little too scary for me.

Meanwhile, I finished 'The Shining' last night at 1:30am because they don't tell you all the suspense is the last fourth of the book and you won't be able to stop reading. It's the first scary book I've actually read and I think it's much worse than movies because during a scary movie, I always cover my eyes and have Robby tell me what's going on. I had to actually keep reading to understand what what going on and it was sketchy at that. I had to read ahead to the next page to see how long the suspense was going on so I guess that was my form of covering my eyes. But I still read the scary stuff. Tough call.

So at 1:34am, I left the light on in living room, got into bed with Robby and had to wake him up to go turn the light off for me. That was the first time I've had to do that with him, but look at those strong arms! I knew he could handle it.

Lastly, Gracie and I leave tomorrow for Utah for 10 days. My cousin is getting married this weekend and I keep forgetting that is the reason we are going. It's gonna be a long time but the blogland won't miss us because I'll post like I've never left.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh man, I forgot about those kinds of bikes with the kiddy seats on the back. I am so jealous about that gorgeous green grass and enticing lake behind you. Soak it up sis, because there's nothing lookin' like that up here in Utah, at least not now!
HOORAY! TOMORROW I GET TO SEE YOU! The boys are excited to see their Auntie Mel and cousin Gracie. By the way, I love the pic Jen did for you. It's so tender. I would never have thought to put those words to that picture, but reading it, it's absolutely perfect. He is so tiny and precious. I can't wait to meet him. I love love love you!

Tina McKinnon said...

What a great bike! Cool!
I use to read scary stuff... then I guess I just got too old and scared to easily!!! I did read the Shining and saw the movie, too. Way creepy! But at least with the book, you can close it quick and the scare stops!!
Have fun with your family in Utah... yeah! 10 days is way long! Take care!
xoxoxox
t.

emidinkl said...

You will have a smooth flight---You will have a smooth flight---
You will have a...
You get the idea.
We will miss you, but know you will have a fabulous trip!
Enjoy!

Sadie said...

Sweet bike!! I've been looking at D.I. for ages for a bike like that. We've been wanting to do a family bike ride but alas, I have no bike. (sniff, sniff) Looks like so much fun! And yay, I bet I'll see you this weekend.

Jim & Jami said...

Looks like fun! I often wish that my husband and I could ride bikes together, but I have really bad vertigo, and he is afraid he might be the only one to stay on the bike, hehe.
Love you Mel, Have a great trip!

Karen said...

This is some sweet bike riding weather we're having here and I'm sure you're having a blast there!

Wait, do people still say blast?

AmyK said...

WOW I bet you could do some sweet jumps!