Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wedding Train

This is Cody and Erica Nielson. They were married March 8, 2008. I was able to attend the temple ceremony, the luncheon, and the reception. It was a VERY long day. But the happy couple was so sweet and wonderful, I was so happy to be there.

The downside was while we were in the ceremony, the sealer, who joined them in marriage, started his monolouge with: "At at funeral, only one person isn't listening; at a sealing, there are two who aren't listening." Sure it was a nice joke to lighten the mood, but the second he said funeral, I broke into tears.

Not one bit of my eternal knowledge could comfort me. He continued on about respecting your wife and how the wife goes to the brink of death to bring your child into the world and everyone meeting again in the morning of the first resurrection, which will be the next time I see my Gus. If this doesn't make any sense to you, I apologize but these are things that need to be said.

This has been a bad Gus week. I miss him so much. I feel his presence here and there but I long to hold him so badly, my arms and heart ache. I need to make it to the temple more often so I can feel closer to him because that seems to be the only place where I can actually feel like he might be watching me.

Anyway, on an up note, I'll add a cute picture of Gracie. She was a big hit at the reception and almost cut the cake before the bride and groom (thank goodness we avoided that train wreck).

Welcome to the family, Erica! I love you already! (Now give me your blog address!)

(Isn't it obvious that Gracie has something crafty and mischievous up her sleeve? The older she gets, the more obvious the look is. Little stinker.)

10 comments:

Leslie said...

everything about that picture of gracie is completely and utterly adorable.

Tina McKinnon said...

She is so cute and her hair is darling! Love the little dress. Mel, I so wish there was some magical thing I could say or do to help you past your crushing grief... I am at a total loss of what to say... I'm sorry you have such pain... I love you.
Mom McK.

Stephanie said...

love the hair. love the dress. love you and gus.

emidinkl said...

Stephanie said it just perfect. Ditto.

Cathy said...

Of coarse I'm not mad at you Mel. How could you even think such a thing. I didn't realize we were basing our friendship on blog links. I just always visit your blog through Stephanie's. But if it means that much to you, I'm more than happy to link you to my blog. This also means that we're at the point where i can walk into your house without knocking too so I hope you're ready for this kind of commitment.

And about my boy... I miss him so much. Its only been 3 weeks but it feels like way more. We talk every 2 or 3 days but it just makes me miss him more. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my time apart. Its really hard

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Gracie's dress is adorable. Where did you get it?? Sorry you had a sad time. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

Leigh Anna said...

Look at how cute Gracie is. I pretty much just wana take her from you for about a week then give her back. Actually, I'd rather take you for about a week and then give you back. I love you Melanie Marie, and I can't take any of that pain away, but know that I think about you all the time...if you ever need someone to listen to you shed a few tears, even at 4 in the morning, my phone is always on for you. I love you.

The Smith Family said...

I just love that pic of gracie! Her hair is soo cute!!!

Emily said...

I offered to read a paragraph aloud out of the manual in RS on Sunday. It was about a baby dying the day it was born. I burst into tears and said they shouldn't have let a pregnant lady read that paragraph. I had a hard time not sobbing for the next couple minutes.
Gracie looks too cute in that last picture, great dress, hair, everything.