Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different

What you're looking at here are two almost 50 year old women. My mom, Pam, on the left and her cousin, my Aunt Lisa, on the right.

Now, I'm thinking of words to describe exactly what's going on here as I can imagine most of you could be confused. But if you are a consistent reader of my blog, it may not seem that out of the ordinary. For instance, this post was just a snipit of our Holmes Family Extravaganza that we held on New Year's Eve where we all performed different talents or random things we knew how to do for each other.

Anyway, back to Pam and Lisa. These two women have been best friends since they were babies so it seems only natural that they should have an adventure together for their 50th. We are calling it the Thelma and Louise Adventure. On May 2nd, they will fly to Boston and travel all around the East Coast for 2 full weeks.

And these are the outfits "they plan to wear at every major historical site and photo opportunity", as my dad so lovingly puts it.

I can't wait to see the pictures from that trip.

And if you would like to see what else my family can do, go here, scroll down, and select Mel's Bday Dance. It is the best birthday present I've ever received.

9 comments:

=)Larissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
=)Larissa said...

This is absolutely PRECIOUS!! What a fun-lovin mama that Pam is!

Meredith said...

they look GREAT>..so I say go for it! how cute! sounds like a FUN trip too!

Tiff Moser said...

Lisa sent me that pic. I love those two. All I can say is, I hope I look that cute when I'm fifty!!!

stephanie said...

oh my gosh. that is so awesome.

Devin and Chelsey said...

Ohhhh that's too funny! Love the outfits.

mom holmes said...

Actually, we leave May 1, (minor detail) fly to NYC and see "Wicked" (My birthday wish)and "Legally Blonde: the Musical" and etc, ride the train to Boston for a few days, and then fly to Nashville to see Andrew Jackson's House (Her birthday wish) and etc.

WE CAN"T WAIT!!!
Thelma

Tia Langston said...

I love Pam! I always remember the crazy things she did when I was in high school. One time I was at your house and someone asked what time it was...and Pam said something like, "It's 68-42-19" And it seemed like such a normal answer coming from her, but I can still remember all of us laughing, especially Phil's kinda throaty laugh. I love Pam!

The Queen said...

THAT is amazing. So fun!!!!!! They are smokin' hot, too!!