Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gracie Versus The Slide

Gracie has officially conquered her fear of slides. About a year ago, we was going down a regular slide in our apartment complex and it was her first time in regular shoes and not Robeez. The rubber on the shoe got caught at the top and she went down sideways. She's never been able to recover.

When we are at a park, it takes her a good hour to warm up to the slides but she would eventually go down. Today, she went right down with no hesitation and loved it. I hope this feeling of invincibility lasts. Then she will have one more thing at the park to keep her attention that much longer.

I say hooray for parks, slides, and the like. Gracie can't get enough of them and I can't get enough of just watching her be happy as can be about heaps of metal and plastic to climb all over.

6 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Go, Gracie, go!

Leigh Anna said...

How does she feel about the swings...:)

The McKinnon 4 said...

HOORAY FOR GRACIE! Anything to see a smile on that adorable girl!

The McKinnon 4 said...

HOORAY FOR GRACIE! Anything to see a smile on that adorable girl!

Becky said...

My kids may be the only kids in the history of park visiting that don't like swings. I can get them to sit on the swings now, but if I push them, they start to scream! Garrett (at age 5) is getting better.
I'm glad she likes the slide now. Such a big girl!

Paityn and Mark said...

I love your blog backgrounds they are so cute. How do you do them?