Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mornin' Time

We didn't even have to ask her to do this pose for us. Robby and I went in to wake her up from a nap for church and when she finally got her bearings, she just waited like this for us to take her out. She knew it would be a few minutes as Robby had the camera going and I was taking a picture for my cell phone.

I think she could be an angel. But not only for her angelic face. She is so good to me, I don't know what I did to deserve her.

First of all, I started something personal this week that is going to be very hard for me to do and could take a while for me to achieve and deal with. It is going to most likely make things at home harder for us and could affect Gracie as well. But because of her wonderful traits, I think she will do the best out of all of us.

Point A: Gracie is not hard to make happy. She can adjust in almost every situation. When we've been inside all day, she does get antsy. But all she wants is to run outside for a little while and crawl around on the playground in our apartment complex. And we have good access to lots of other parks, should she need them.

Point B: Gracie has no problem playing with people she doesn't know (however, this is scary and the reason I have to keep a close watch on her everywhere). She will go to someone else's house and not think twice about it.

Point C (and my favorite): While she does well with unfamiliar people, she always prefers me. She is very affectionate with me and likes having me near her. I started writing my posts out in the living room with her while she watches a show because she just wants me to sit by her. She hugs me and kisses me regularly and when she's sad or got hurt, she prefers me to hold her.

And when I'm sad and missing Gus, she's what helps me endure.

Plus, she's like, the cutest girl ever.

10 comments:

emidinkl said...

Point D: Her quirky smile and her face when she's concentrating---it's priceless!
Seriously, the cutest girl. I just love her. I know that there are enough points to cover the entire alphabet, but I thought I'd keep it short so others could add theirs: )

Sadie said...

Point E: Even though I barely know her, I can just tell that she has the kind of personality that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Just like her momma.

Jenna said...

Point F: She is one strong cookie! That girl is all muscle from head to toe (except her cheeks which are chubby and fabulously pinchable). I love her!

PS. I was thinking today of the time I came down for my baby shower and kept her overnight with me. She was so small and not even walking yet. It was great therapy for me.

Jami said...

Point B reminds me of the time we came to visit you and she hugged Trey's friend Reggie as soon as we walked in the door. That was awesome.

Jim & Jami said...

she is the cutest girl!

Karen said...

This will be my all time favorite photo. She is perfect.

Meredith said...

I agree, she is so dang cute!! really, you need to get her into modeling! Im glad she is so easy for you, you need that :)

Bronson Clan said...

She is too cute Mel. I can't wait to meet her at the family reunion. You guys will be there, right? It will be so much fun!

Tina said...

Point G: Gigglely Girl!!! Her laughter is infectious! What a gal! xoxox

Tiff Moser said...

She is so stinkin cute Mel. I love her curly blonde hair. It reminds me of Taryn when she was little.