Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ducks in a Row

I swear to you, I did not support or initiate this at all. She came walkin into my room with this straw up her nose and this very look on her face. I made a quick move to grab my camera and the straw fell out. She promptly picked it up, stuck it back in, and gave me this same look. Like all she was waiting for was for me to take a picture. What a weirdo.

She's been doin all kinds of crazy things lately, as illustrated by the video below. Our mornings around here are pretty slow, especially due to the fact that Gracie doesn't usually wake up until 9 or 9:30 (ok, neither do I, but she's the one who got me on that schedule).

Anyway, morningtime at our house is slow for me but it is the best time for Gracie. She gives me ample time to get myself goin and then starts whippin things out like saying news words that are exciting for her to say (as shown by her laughing every time she said 'car'), or putting a straw up her nose and casually walking into my room.

This morning, I was getting ready to give her some Pediasure but she was holding two rubber duckies and the diaper duck (which I somehow have two of so if you are lookin for one, it's a good guy to get you started). So she's awkwardly holding all these guys and starts to set them down. I assumed she would just drop them but that was child's play to what she had in mind.

She saw the bottle and calming starting placing them one by one in a small row on a couch cushion. The first two ducks landed perfectly (although there was some adjusting) then when it came time for the diaper duck, who had on his whole bottom half which makes him very wobbly, she set him up and it took a good three or four tries to get him to stay. Once he did, she was satisfied, and she took the bottle from me. I kid you not, it was about a 7 minute process.

Now I just need to get my patience in order and I think we'll be alright.

6 comments:

AmyK said...

Its so fun when they start getting their personality & sense of humor!

YAY!

She's a cutie!

Tina said...

She is such an imp!! And, now that I Googled "Diaper Duck", I can more fully appreciate the show she put on! funny girl!
xox

dean and chelle said...

Classic!!! Even I still put straws up my nose as a 26 year old and want pictures taken of me, so I've got nothing but love and respect for Gracie.

Amber said...

The straw is hilarious! She's such a funny little girl. I love the ducks in a row, Tucker likes to put cars and balls in a row. They were outside playing with their Daddy the other night and when I went out to call them in there was a line of eight balls across the middle of the yard!

Becky said...

Love it. Kids are so funny. I'm glad you got a pic of the straw in her nose!

Staci Lynn said...

haha she is SOO cute! I can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!