Monday, May 19, 2008

Meet Brady

First of all, that is not his real hair color. He is a natural blond so this wig makes him look completely different. Second, he and Mary, my little sister, are dressed this way as part of the skit for my dad's birthday party. Brady was more than happy to join the fun.

He and Mary have been dating for several months now so I thought it was time to introduce him to everyone. He is the oldest of 8 kids and graduated the year before me. He is hilarious and fits right into our family which is rare and awesome. He will also be joining us for the MDB this weekend.

Robby and I will drive through the night on Wednesday and get to Utah Thursday morning. For those of you who are not familiar with the MDB (Memorial Day Breakfast), it's a yearly family reunion on my mom's side we have every year. I missed it last year so I did a post to show the highlights and give myself a pick me up. I won't miss a beat this year. No baby weight to hold me down and lots of catching up to do.

Anyway, I love introducing new people to our family traditions because they are very off the wall and it's a good way to find out if the guy you are dating is really "the one" or not. I have a good feeling about Brady. I mean, look at the way he is dressed; completely voluntary.

I've also never seen Mary so happy with a boyfriend and I'm so excited to see them I could burst. If we could leave right now, I'd totally do it without packing or showering. Yeah. That's how committed I am.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Thanks for introducing Brady. I saw his name mentioned on either Hillary or Jenna's blog (I can't remember) and I was wondering who he was. Looks like a keeper. :)

emidinkl said...

Seriously. Can someone in your family adopt me or something? Just for the weekend, and I won't eat much. I can sleep on the floor!
I can't wait to hear how much fun you have: )

Sadie said...

I'm so glad you are coming Mel! Can't wait to see you and little Gracie Lou.