Friday, May 16, 2008

My Robby is 29

(Here is my Robby in '96 when he was 17.)

Robby turns 29 today!

It's so weird to me because I'm still in my early 20s and he's almost completely done with the entire decade. I've never believed that he's as old as he actually is, though. In the picture above, he looks exactly the same to me there as he does now. Even when I found out his real age after a few times of meeting him, I didn't believe him.

His girlfriend just previous to me was about a year older than me and so they were about 4 or 5 years apart. Now he and I are about 5 1/2 year apart. I remember reading in his journal that he couldn't believe he couldn't find anyone closer to his age to marry or that the girls he dated kept getting younger and younger.

Too bad for him because I will never leave his side. Eternity is not long enough to show him how much I love him and could not live without him.

*I love you, honey bunches, and I'm so glad to have you by my side!*

Have a happy birthday party day!

(Don't worry, I'm on the planning committee and it will be impossible not to love your day.)

It has come to my attention that Shauna Martindale-Hollobaugh took this picture for a class and we assume she got a good grade because this is a great picture.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Robby!

Natalie said...

I hope you have a great birthday Robby! I can't wait to hear about your super party!

Kelsey said...

Happy birthday to Robby!

That's funny Robby and Miguel's birthdays are really close together. He turns 31 tomorrow.

Hope you have a fun celebration!

Lyndsay said...

That is a great picture of Robby! He DOES look exactly the same as he does now. I thought maybe you had just taken it, and turned it sepia and distressed it. It kind of looks like 1950s Robby. :)

Amber said...

Happy belated birthday to Robby. He and I are close in age, I'll be 29 in July. My hubby just turned 33 in February. We're four years, five months and three days apart. He's the one that figured it out. I like having married an older guy, it gave him time to grow up...LOL.

Bronson Clan said...

I totally know how you feel. Hyrum is 7 years older then me, so he actually turned 30 last January. It is pretty weird. Good thing Heavenly Father knows what's best for us and helped us get our wonderful husbands even if they are old. :)

Shauna said...

I forgot all about that picture. Glad you like it. Happy late birthday to Robby. And good luck with the house hunting (I have a brother-in-law named Linus - you're allowed to laugh)

KatieJ said...

Happy Birthday Robby! I don't think I ever saw that picture but it is a good one, and he hasn't changed a bit! I love you guys together!

Danny & Lindsay said...

ha ha, he does look the same!