Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Top 15 Movies

These are in no order whatsoever but I could watch each and every one over and over. They also are mostly rated R and I apologize for that. I have a brief summary of why I like them and a link to a synopsis or website of the movie. Enjoy! ( I cannot stress enough that these are not in any order; they are all just great).

1. Lars and the Real Girl (PG-13) Great feel good movie and also very funny. Who doesn't love Ryan Gosling!

2. Crash (R) Lots of swearing but the acting is great and I love how it all comes together.

3. Walk the Line (PG-13) Joaquin Phoenix is such a phenomenal actor and I could watch this movie over and over.

4. Million Dollar Baby (PG-13) Great Clint Eastwood film and of course great acting.

5. Troy (R) Besides Brad Pitt and Eric Bana, I can't believe how amazing the fight scenes are. Very well done.

6. Rear Window (PG) My favorite Hitchcock film with the best story. Super captivating.

7. Dial M For Murder (PG) Another great Hitchcock with a storyline that unexpectedly twists and turns.

8. Cool Hand Luke (PG) Once you give it a chance, you will understand a lot more when people spoof scenes from it and then you'll be glad you watched it.

9. Children of Men (R) This features Clive Owen and has an incredibly uniqe story about the end of mankind and how he attempts to save it. Pay attention to the scenes because most do not cuz for about ten minutes. It's well done and extremely captivating.

10. The Kingdom (R) Amazing movie about terrorism and it was also filmed in Mesa, AZ. Very well done and certainly kept me on the edge of my seat.

11. Fracture (R) Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling are amazing in this thriller.

12. Napoleon Dynamite (PG) I think everyone knows why this movie is so awesome.

13. Derailed (R) Another great Clive Owen film with Jennifer Aniston and they are great together.

14. Hitch (PG-13) Probably one of the best movies ever made. So hilarious I could watch it over and over. Kevin James always wins my vote.

15. Spanglish (PG-13) Adam Sandler delivers a stellar dramatic performance. It blows me away every time I see this.

6 comments:

Abbie said...

We just rented Lars and the Real Girl this weekend and LOOOOOOVED it. However, sorry to say, but I hated HATED Spanglish.

emidinkl said...

Cool. I would put all but three of these in my top 15 as well. should I be embarrassed to say I've never seen Cool Hand Luke or Troy? and instead of Hitch, I'd have to say Nacho Libre. ---Cause I like his Strrrrechy pants.

Tina said...

I actually have to say I don't see many movies! Cool Hand Luke and Rear Window are the only 2 on this list I've seen... most I've never even heard of! I lead a very sheltered life... pretty boring, I guess.

Lyndsay said...

Such great movie pics! I LOVED Lars and the Real Girl. I am a big Gosling fan.It was an instant favorite.

Lyndsay said...

I mean movie "picks" (haha too much photo talk around my house).

KatieJ said...

I love Rear Window, and Walk the Line- Cool Hand Luke is an interresting choice, and I have to say I totally didn't get Spanglish! I have Million Dollar Baby on my DVR- I'll have to let you know how I feel about that one!