Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend With Daddy

We had the best weekend with Robby here. It was so good to see him and to get some quality time in while he was here. On Friday, he and I drove down to Oak City where my parents and Gracie were and he and Gracie went on a little 4-wheeler ride. She was so excited to see him and knew who he was right away. We also celebrated my mom's 50th birthday on Saturday and it was a big success.

On Sunday we all got together to simultaneously celebrate Father's Day, Mom's 50th Birthday, and Brady's 24th Birthday. It was a momentous occasion and tons of fun. It included cake, ice cream, and a very competitive game of kick ball in the back yard.

I was so glad to see Robby but cried all the way home from the airport and then some. I think I only have about 2 more weeks until I'll finally be ready to go home. I'm very committed to getting everything in order so that can happen and the sooner the better.

Meanwhile, Gracie has learned all kinds of new words. It unbelievable. They aren't super understandable but you get the general idea. Among my favorite are: "There you are!" "Ba-Ba-Ball! (basketball)" "Boon! (balloon)" And of course when she points out everyone in the room to the newcomer of the group, keeping tabs on all involved. I don't think my parents are going to be able to let her go.

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Im glad you had a great weekend. I know this weekend will be hard, so hopefully you can think of last weekend and the fun you had.
So where are you? did you post that and I missed it? Putting things together...you arent with Robby or Gracie? but you are by her? right..
maybe you didnt share, if so, sorry for being nosy :)

My name is Ali... said...

hiya girly...just had to stop by and say 'hi'...such an adorable pic of gracie and her daddy...-ali

Sadie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm so glad you are able to work on yourself and get things in order. I don't know what it consists of or what you are going through, but any kind of soul-searching is always beneficial and enlightening.
If you ever feel the need to take a quick break, call me and I will personally come get you and Gracie. You may not get a lot of deep questions answered but I guarantee you there will be a lot of laughs. ;)

The McKinnon 4 said...

There is nothing better than being with family. I am glad that Robbie could come up to visit. It sounds like your family is so much fun. I hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
I wanted to write yesterday to let you know I've been thinking about you a lot since June began. I'm glad you're up in Utah, and had such a great time with the fam. That's awesome about Gracie Lue's speaking abilities! I'm sorry for your friends, the Rogers family. There's no one better than you to understand and give them comfort. You, Robby and Gracie are always on my mind and in my thoughts daily. I love you so much, am grateful for the opportunity that we had when we were younger to be best of friends and am so happy you have such a great husband/friend and family with you now.
I admire your strength everyday. Know that you're in my prayers. lots of hugs!! amy

Devin and Chelsey said...

Oh, I can't wait to see her again. She sounds so cute. and that's great that you got to see your hubby, I think I would go stir crazy without mine.

Amber said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun weekend with Robby. Gracie looks so thrilled to be with her daddy. I'm so excited about her new words. Glad to hear that you're getting along well. I'm thinking of you often! Keep up the good work, it's the best thing you could be doing right now for your whole family. You'll be a better mommy and wife for it.

Tina said...

Wow! Those two are so dang cute! We do good work, uh???!!!!
Glad things are going well... we'll be glad when you're home and you can come up & see us!
xooxoox