Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Love This Face

A Holmes' Family trait that I have recently found out I am a keeper of is the "saying full sentences in your sleep" trait. My dad has done it for years. My mom sometimes sleeps with earplugs. This week was especially bad for me, though. My poor Robby keeps getting woken up by all the chatter thinking that I might be talking to him. And unfortunately, things have taken a turn for the worst.

Apparently, (this is completely one side, mind you) I tried to suffocate Robby in my sleep the other night. I guess I was messing with his face with both hands and ended up trying to plug his nose. He wasn't sure what was going on but eventually he moved my hands off of him. It only lasted a few minutes.

I don't remember a lick of this! How can I keep Robby safe if I'm doing this in my sleep? It can't be good. But, being the strong man that he is, he's still willing to sleep beside me every night, risking his life and sacrificing some sleep while I yammer on about whatever may be bothering me in my dream.

That's why I love him.

(Raising an Only Child Post to come on Monday. . .)

3 comments:

Jillsywillsy said...

Kevin claims that I have complete conversations in my sleep too. Apparently, I punched him in the face while sleeping too.

Emily Ruth said...

I'm a sleep talker too when I'm extremely tired or stressed.
Our boys are pretty brave, eh?

Meredith said...

ha! Im a sleep talker too...but never tried to kill my husband :) So, thanks for the laugh!!! :)