Monday, May 18, 2009

Robby's Birthday Present

For Robby's present this year, I decided thoughtful was the way to go.
I found a great idea for a present that I knew Robby would love and was not too expensive.

I got him an airtight cookie jar and wrote down 12 cookie recipes on index cards.
His present is that he gets to pick one type of cookie a month, giving me 24 hours notice, and I will make them for him.
No questions asked.
He loves it.
And it lasts all year long!

Here are the cookies I made this month for him:

Grandma Angie's Applesauce Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup applesauce
1 cup chocolate chips

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
And you are done! It was so easy!

What I really did was find all the easiest recipes for the cookies I knew he loved,
as I'm not very handy in the kitchen,
nor do I even have a KitchenAid (which I really want now).
Stay tuned because we have 12 months of yummy and easy cookie recipes to come!

This would also make a great Father's Day gift.
I have no problem with giving you all my recipes if you need them before then.

5 comments:

KatieJ said...

What a cute idea!

Jill said...

GREAT idea for my father in law for Father's Day. Love it.

Jim and Jami said...

How fun!

Love the new blog layout!

Sarah-Olivia said...

That seriously is such an amazing idea! Maybe I'll try that for Father's Day with some of Aaron's favorite desserts (he isn't as big of a cookie fan).

'Garrett's mom' said...

Such a good idea!!! So cute and very budget friendly! Thank you for giving me my father's day gift ideas :)
Question - where did you get those containers??