Thursday, June 11, 2009

Costume Designer

#1.
#2.
#3. This week, Gracie and I are working on potty training. Her response is adamant defiance and never ending complaints. So while we are working on that, we've had to figure out how to keep ourselves entertained without losing our minds. It's been a bit of a challenge.

One of her favorite activities is getting a complete outfit together from hat to shoes, setting them in a pile on the floor as her designated outfit, then dressing herself accordingly. She'll do this 3 or 4 times a day.

#1. Here, she calls herself a princess.

#2. This was the first outfit she put together on her own and was so proud of it.

#3. This is where she calls herself Cinderella (on account of the apron).

I tacked up a big sheet to a bare wall and this is where she performs her dances, monologues, and songs, and poses for pictures. She also will put together a showcase of dances where she has a couple different outfits behind the sheet so she can change in between songs I play for her on the piano.

While we have our fun, she desperately needs a friend her age to play with as I still have to do my own cleaning and whatnot during the day. I don't have the energy or creative imagination she requires.

4 comments:

Tina said...

That is so fun... She does have quite the imagination, doesn't she?!! By the way... how's the fish... Buster? Did he make it?

melmck said...

yep, buster is still alive and kickin, thank goodness.

Natalie said...

I can't believe she's such a natural born peformer! That's so funny. Good idea with the sheet!

Wes totally needs a friend, too. My life is actually easier when I'm watching him and another kid his age. Sydney's not quite up to his play standards yet, but he still tries to play with her sometimes. He always wants me to play outside with him, etc... but I just can't (and don't want to) all the time! I know where you're coming from!

Tiff Moser said...

So cute!!!!