Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cozy and Beautiful

My wonderful friends, Wes and Lyndsay, have allowed me to borrow their Organ that was Wes' Grandmother's. They didn't want to tote it all the way to LA so I lovingly offered to house it for them while they are away. I love it! It reminds me of one my Grandma Holmes had and just looking at those multi-colored switches makes me feel all warm inside.

I also love the fact that because it was Wes' Grandmother's, I'm required to take impeccable care of it and Gracie is never allowed to touch it. It will always be a special place in our home where warm, yummy songs are played. I was given the music that came with the organ and I have a friend who can teach me how to play. My aspiration is to be a temple organist.

Thank you to the entire Johnson Family for giving me this wonderful opportunity to take care of your beautiful family heirloom. I promise to use it gently and love it whole-heartedly for as long as I'm allowed to have it in my home.

1 comment:

Tina said...

That is a beautiful organ! Lucky you!!! I always wanted to play the organ at the temple, too. When a new organ was delivered to the Snowflake Temple a number of years ago... I sat down and was playing some hymns softly... but apparently not softly enough and I guess fairly 'rustily'... as my dear sweet President Ballard, the temple president, stuck his head into the chapel and asked, ever so tactfully, "Uh, you play?" I giggled and removed myself from the bench and left the room. Guess I'll leave it to the talented and qualified! :>)