Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Have You Ever Been to a Movie with Gracie?

It's certainly not the picnic you think it might be. Robby and I thought that the dark atmosphere and huge screen would be enough to keep her still and distracted. This was not the case.

People in the theater were shush-ing us about an hour into the movie and we had to leave. It was a whole lot of: "Gracie!" "Sit down!" "Do you wanna go home?" Needless to say, we did not enjoy ourselves.

On the up side, Gracie was free, and Robby and I got two tickets to any other movie, any time, even IMAX (as this was the theater where we attempted this whole stunt). So we got a date night out of it, at least.

Plus, we learned a lesson in understanding Gracie's attention disorder just a little bit more, in terms of what she can and can't handle and what we, as the guardians, can and can't handle.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

NOne of my kids were able to handle a movie in the theatre until after age 3. And Ryder is still iffy. Some kids are just more busy than others. I think Gracie is the cutest ever! I love hearing about all of her antics.

Tina said...

I think you were a little overly optomistic... Little people lose interest quickly in the best of circumstances... turn out the lights and boredom sets in even faster... I think she did good to last a hour!!! I think she's doing better than you think... xox

KatieJ said...

Emma is just barely there this summer- and she's going to be 4 next month. After about an hour she wants to sit on my lap, or get some snacks or go home. I'd wait another year to try taking Gracie!