Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Snippet

Here's Gracie sportin her cap with Gram Pam on the way to the airport.
Since they've been gone, she leaves her hat in the car and
when we drive somewhere, she puts the hat on and says,
"Look, Mom! I'm Granpa!"
I would bet good money that if Gracie requested that Granpa wear
her pink hat in public, he would do it proudly.

An example of Gracie's power over him:

We all went to the mall, my mom and I shopping for me
and my dad and Gracie just wandering aimlessly.
That's a recipe for disaster right there.

After an hour or so, we decided to meet up.
Here is the scene that we happened upon:

Gracie in the car stroller, havin a great time.
My dad steering the stroller with one hand,
and holding a Victoria's Secret bag in the other.

It was little startling at first.
I said, "Please tell me there isn't lingerie for mom in there."
We then noticed Gracie holding a little pink and white spotted dog.

He explained:
"Gracie wanted that spotted dog they were displaying,
so I went in and asked what I had to do to get the dog in the window.
I had to buy something from thier 'PINK' line.
So I got some lotions with a variety of wonderful scents."
(His actual words.)

We could not stop laughing
and I don't think we'll ever forget that hilarious moment.
Especially when I have a lovely citrus-y scented lotion to remind me of it.

It's probably a good thing my parents don't visit too often because
Gracie has them wrapped around her little finger.

It's so sad when she sees a picture of one of them and asks,
"Go see Gram Pam 'n Granpa?"

Our next visit is scheduled for Christmas time,
but it might as well be Gracie's wedding day,
it feels so far away.

4 comments:

Kojennedy said...

I must say, that is hilarious!!! It's amazing how much power these little critters have over their Grandparents..

'Garrett's mom' said...

Hahaha that is too funny!

Brittany said...

HAHA that is too adorable. Definitely sounds like something my dad would do also! And in response to your question a little while ago, baby #2 is another girl and she'll be here any day now!

Sarah-Olivia said...

That is a RIOT!! Girls really do have a strange sort of power over their grandpas!