Friday, August 7, 2009

A Book About Gus

So this summer has been supremely hard for me.
From Gus' birth date to his death date, I was in some sort of
miserable state and could not find my way out,
no matter how hard I tried.

I closed the door to all that pain on Sunday night
and have been doing better this week.

I owe a BIG thank you to my sister, Hill, for coming up
with the idea of a book about Gus for me.

She found all the pictures ever taken of him and
I put them in a book and captioned them,
and added a few of my jounal entiries I'd written for him.
And it was the best thing that has ever happened to me to help grieve for Gus.

Here are some snippets:

(If you want to see the whole book,
you'll just have to come visit.)

6 comments:

Martha said...

That looks so sweet and to remember him by. I am glad to hear that you are doing better this week. I would love to come and see your book sometime. Please let me know.

stephanie said...

i'm sorry this summer has been hard. what a great idea that book is. i can't wait to see it in person.

Tina said...

That was an awesome idea... good thinking,Hillary! xox

KatieJ said...

What a great idea, and a sweet, difficult project! I hope you are having a good day!

Devin and Chelsey said...

I LOVE it Mel! What a great idea. I really hope that it helps you and continues to help you. <3 Love you.

Eyes of Amber said...

What a beautiful book and a wonderful way to remember Gus! I'm sure that it's one of your most precious treasures.