Wednesday, October 21, 2009

She's Happy and Smart

Today, I found myself thinking about a particularly nasty experience that I had last year regarding my family, my blog, and an anonymous commenter. It was a humdinger of a situation. Who knew someone who didn't know me could hate me so much? I could obsess all day about this but instead I'm going to try to appreciate what this person was trying to do.

I'm choosing to believe that this person was trying to make me a better person, they just had no idea how to approach it without hurting my feelings. I understand. Some things are not easily said. And today I agree with what this person said. I don't think I was "feeding my husband and daughter poison" but I'm aware now of what I should have been doing then.

I'm choosing to forgive this person. I don't like having angry thoughts brewing around me anymore. It's just not conducive to my living a happy life. So each time I forgive someone for something they may or may not have intentionally done to hurt me, a little weight is lifted off my shoulders. It's just easier to admit my mistakes and move on. I can't be havin all kinds of open-ended arguments messin with my head.

So I start a new era and say goodbye to the person I used to be. I see that person, acknowledge that person, and move them aside so I can get on with my life. Resolution is such a joyful feeling. And life is so much easier when I give people the benefit of the doubt.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Good idea! xox

'Garrett's mom' said...

Good job!!

Tia Langston said...

:o) I love you Mel. I actually had a dream that you wanted to set up a play date with us. That would be great fun...but I think we're kind far apart these days. :o(