Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Shower Curtain

Last night, I mistakenly put Robby and Gracie in charge of picking out a new shower curtain for the guest bathroom. My Gramma Smith is coming tomorrow to stay for the weekend and we had zero back up curtains.

Robby is usually very trustworthy in the area of decorations for the house. He chose red as our accent color in our living room and picked out our current simple bedroom set up. I had no reason to doubt his ability of finding us a nice, tasteful shower curtain.

His cop out for this purchase was that Gracie picked it out and it is her bathroom so he didn't see any reason to say no. "She's only 3" wasn't a strong argument in overruling her decision at that time.

I dutifully put it up as I was not in the mood to argue. After it was displayed, his defense was, "Well, I thought there would only be one frog on it." We talked of immediate removal.

Then, Gracie sat excitedly on the potty just moments later, and commenced to poop in the potty while she looked at the frog.

So now I get to turn it into a positive thing. The lucky guests that come stay with us will have the luxury of feeling as though they are in the rain forest while they perform their sacred bathroom duties. I'm hoping to acquire a nice, rain foresty candle for the back of the toilet to add to the ambiance.

11 comments:

Abbie said...

Ooooh, do you have a white noise machine? Ours has a rain forest setting. Also, switch out the door for vines.

stephanie said...

whoa. that sure is tropical.

KatieJ said...

That is hysterical

=)Larissa said...

This is hilarious! I love it! I bet your grandma will like it too!!

Riki Lee said...

Hahaha. funny!

Tina said...

Well, the one good thing to say about it was it worked on Gracie's pooping efforts!!! In the future, may I suggest you not let Robby shop without supervision!!! :>)
It IS unique, however... Personally, I'm afraid I'd forget what I went in for... xox

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyndsay said...

I am laughing out loud at this post. That is GREAT!

Mary C. said...

That is SO FUNNY! Thanks for sharing!

crazy lady said...

My husband would LOVE that curtain. The only thing that would have made him happier would be if it had had deer, elk, ducks and mountains thrown in there too. You have NO idea the compromises I "get" to make to keep the peace in my home.
So, inspite of the big peepers gazing out at you while you tend to business...just think - it could have been worse.
Thanks for the grins :0)

aj said...

those frogs kind of freak me out