Friday, October 23, 2009

Udderly Delighted

Today, Gracie and I went to Udder Delights since we received a $1 off coupon from Superstition Farm and we were deemed as 'Friends of the Farm.' She had bubble gum with sprinkles and I had vanilla birthday cake. I highly recommend both.
She was also rewarded with a cow shaped eraser for free. You really can't go wrong with a cow shaped eraser. Especially with Gracie. They had a pig eraser also, but Gracie chose the cow.

She and I had a lovely Mother/Daughter day and thanks to my new bi-polar medication, I'm naturally happy again. This, in turn, allows me to enjoy my daughter exponentially, especially compared to the last two weeks where I attempted no bi-polar meds. Mood stabilizers are the bomb dot com. Email me, melmckinnon77@yahoo.com, if you think you may need one or want to ask me about them. Referring to my most recent experience and the years and years of turmoil I've already experienced, I certainly can offer some personal experience and insight, should your curiosity get the better of you.

Hey, I'm a mite crazy and probably a smidgen presumptuous. But it couldn't hurt to ask. I'm happier now than I've been in a good solid month.

Also, remember Robby? Yeah, he's the pork to my chops.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Since we're talking dairy products... I LOVE her 'cheezy' smile!! xox

wendysue said...

Hi Mel, you don't know you me, (I can't even remember how I ended up on your blog!). . .I couldn't remember if you'd mentioned "bi-polar" in your blog before, but just wanted to let you know that my sister was diagnosed with post-partum onset of depression and bi-polar after her first baby. I know medication has made a WORLD of difference for her, and I'm glad you're seeing it help you. I hate that depression and bi-polar have a stigma around them. These are situations where there is definitely a need for medication to stabilize the chemicals that help us feel happy! Anyway, I'm rambling, but just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone!

Lyndsay said...

Sometimes Gracie makes expressions that show glimpses of what she will look like when she's a young woman. And I can totally see a peek at High School Gracie here. She's so sweet!