Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Moon Review

I did not really review the Twilight movie because I thought it was awful. But New Moon was not near as poorly done so I feel I can review it kindly.

I enjoyed it. The only problem I really had with it was Rob Pattinson and, what seemed to me, his phoned in performance. Kristen Stewart owned up and solidly played her role. The filmmakers found flawless ways of doing the book the justice it deserved. Of the entire series, New Moon was my favorite.

The action was what made it so top notch for me. I'm not a romantic person and I can't really sit through romance geared movies unless it's deemed necessary. If there is good chemistry between the characters in real life and it is carried over through the movie, I will give it props. Edward and Bella should have better chemistry than Rob and Kristen currently do.

I really enjoyed Jacob and preferred him on screen to Edward. It makes me sad and I still prefer Edward's character, just not Rob. It comes down to the fact that Edward should not have a single, solitary hair on his chest/arms/back/etc and Rob is swimmin in them.

So there it is. I give the movie an A- and props for the special effects and action.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'm not into the Twilight series at all, so I won't comment on that.

Your house looks wonderful! Must feel good to have it so under control and put together.... Good job!
xox

Bethany said...

Amen to your review. I TOTALLY agree about the hairs on the chest thing. Everyone else I talk to doesn't seem to be bothered by them so I'm glad to see I'm not alone!

Lyndsay said...

I agree with all of this. Especially the hair!!! I cannot believe they allow Edward to have a hairy chest! Or even arm, for that matter. Marble statues are not hairy. And I totally thought Jacob and Bella had better chemistry than Edward and Bella. And what was up with the silly "slow mo running through the woods" scene at the end (the vision Alice has). Edward looked super silly. There were audible laughs in the theater. But I've seen it twice now, and enjoy it very much as a visual representation of the books. I just like being in that world visually for 2 hours. I'm not terribly hard to please. :)