Thursday, December 31, 2009

What I Learned in 2009


There are so many things I learned this year that I couldn't even list them. So I thought I would talk about the one I am most proud of. This year, I learned how to putter, keep my house in order my own way, and enjoy myself doing it.

A goal was to stop comparing myself to others and I think that only happened about 12% of the year, but that's still something to work with. It's continues to be my goal for 2010.

Most importantly, I learned the specifics of how to keep my husband and daughter happy. It takes a major amount of sacrifice but is so rewarding to see how happy they can actually be.

I have so many different psychological and emotional problems that frustrate me from doing the things I would like to be doing. But I'm ok with that. I can only do what I can do. And Robby has become the wonderful, understanding husband he needs to be to understand my issues.

Robby and I have been through some really lousy experiences together. But we've done it together, which is the most important part of that sentence. While so much pain, sadness, heartache, and depression has hovered over our family, we have endured and survived it all together. And I believe we are stronger and better people for it.

Here's where I'm at with Gus: It was a devestating, traumatic, and deeply painful excperience to lose him the way I did. It's something that is taking me a long time to work through and while that it's not necessarily "normal", it's the only way I know how to do it.

My 2010 Motto: Survive Each Day & Remember The Importance of Your Family

1 comment:

Tina said...

Happy New Year! xox