Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life With a Dog



We've been having so much fun with Mo. Since I am the one who takes care of him, I'm also the one he follows around like the little puppy dog he is. I love it. It took some adjusting at first but he's such a good dog, the transition period did not last long. Plus, he's completely house trained!

Gracie has so much fun with him when he's giving her attention. I didn't know that I would enjoy the sound of Gracie's laugh from the other side of the house so much. It's usually me or Robby who does all her entertaining which keeps her laugh close to us. But when I know she's playing with Mo and she's laughing hysterically, it makes me appreciate that sound so much more. I would imagine that is comparable to siblings playing happily together.

I have already received a call from the rescue and there are two parties interested in looking at Mo this weekend so this first fostering experience looks like it might be a short one. There is nothing negative that I could bring to his potential adoptive family, but I am grateful for that.

All in all, this pet fostering business is going quite well. No severe emotional attachments have been made to warrant stress and anxiety for when the dog has to leave and these first couple days have been pretty positive. He's such a cute, cuddly guy. We are so lucky to have him.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

it's too bad that champ tried to eat him. :)

crazy lady said...

He's a handsome boy and I bet Gracie has had a blast with him. Soooo nice that he's house trained. Glad it's been positive:0)

Tia Langston said...

Glad it's been working out nicely. Love your 'laugh' thoughts. Very sweet.

Natalie said...

That's a really cute picture!