Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ok, I'm Getting Attached



I feel like the dad in a kid's movie who didn't want the dog at first, then the dog grew on him, then the dog had to leave and the dad is sad at the end, until the finale where the dog magically reappears. I always wanted the dog but I didn't realize how much I would get used to him as part of our family. It's so nice having him around, I almost can't remember what it was like without him.

But it's still a temporary situation and someone is still looking to adopt him. I don't feel quite ready to adopt him yet but it will be hard when he leaves us. So I'm just getting myself prepared and emotionally ready for him to leave us. In the meantime, I will enjoy my time with him more knowing that it has to come to an end.

Oh but I do love that dog.

4 comments:

Jim and Jami said...

he is so sweet, sure you wouldn't want to adopt him?

Tina said...

Why can't you keep him? You may never find another one so perfect.

grandmasmith said...

I agree with Tina - again...

Tia Langston said...

They are so easy to love and get attached to. Even if you don't keep him...there will for sure be more to love. Enjoy the snuggles!