Monday, March 8, 2010

A Conversation with Gracie


The Setting: Me upstairs on my bed crying about Gus. Gracie downstairs.

Gracie: (Yells from downstairs.) Mom?! Mom? Are you crying?

Me: Yeah.

Gracie: (Runs upstairs.) Mama? Why are you crying?

Me: My heart is sad.

Gracie: Your heart is sad? Let me see. (She puts her hands over my heart.) Oh, it is sad.

Me: Yeah.

Gracie: (Puts her hand over her heart.) My heart is happy and the dog's heart is happy.

Me: I'm glad. Can I have a hug?

Gracie: (Hugs me.) Don't be sad, Mama. I want your heart to be happy. (Kisses my cheek.)

That girl's heart is pure gold.

6 comments:

aj said...

so sweet.

KatieJ said...

What a sweetheart!

Emily Ruth said...

Seriously. Pure gold.
((hugs))

Devin and Chelsey said...

That is so very sweet. Sorry to hear you were having a hard day. I'm glad you got a little one to help make it better! She is truly a doll!

=)Larissa said...

Oh goodness, she is beautiful inside and out!!! What a good one you have there, Miss Mel!!!

LOVE YOU!

hillary said...

this brought me to tears, sis. i'm glad you have that little sweetie to watch out for you and your heart and hug you on our behalf. :)