Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our Spring Break


We have had a very relaxed spring break. A lot has been emotional recovery and a lot has been physical recovery. Either way, we are doing ok now. Gracie requested "Princess Books" from the library yesterday and asked that she be allowed to read them in the hammock. She is loving her spare time.

The weather has been lovely enough to open our windows and get a nice breeze but we are dangerously close to needing our air conditioner as we are nearing the upper 80s. I'm going to stave it off as long as heavenly possible.

I'm meeting with a Behavioral Psychologist next week with Gracie's teacher and speech therapist and she's all set to see the Audiologist next month. A trip to Utah to see Gramma Pam and Grandpa and meet little Evee is in order and we are hoping to schedule that soon.

Emotionally, I'm picking myself back up. The past few weeks have been more frustrating than anything because I keep thinking that the more time that passes after losing Gus, the easier things should be. Some things are easier, like looking at his pictures and thinking about where he is now. Other things are still hard, like newborn babies and the death of others close to me. But hopefully now I am on an upswing.

2 comments:

{april kennedy} said...

Hi! Coming by way of Lyndsay. She mentioned you while I was talking to her the other day on the phone. I am finding comfort in your posts. I just miscarried a couple of weeks ago and had no idea of the emotional pain that comes with losing a baby.

Thank you for sharing your story about your sweet Gus. For sharing honestly about your post-partum depression and your continuing journey. I just wanted to say HI and let you know your honesty is quite comforting.

april

Tina said...

Glad you're feeling better... hopefully it will continue...
Oh, yeah! I could do with an afternoon in a hammock! Lucky Gracie! Love the pic. xox