Friday, July 23, 2010

Melts My Heart


(Brady and Evee on June 22;
letting a balloon go in honor of Gus.)

Seeing Evee hold this balloon in her
 little hand gives me reason to pause.
Thinking about Gus at this moment is especially hard.
Three years ago he was alive and well.
Three years ago I held him and kissed him and kept him.
Three years ago I never thought I would be where I am now,
dealing with the things I'm asked to deal with every day.
There is no wishing my situation away.
I can do nothing but plow through the pain and sadness.
And pray every day for strength to be able to do so.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Sweet picture....

Jami said...

I pray for you too, Mel...

Leigh Anna said...

I love this. And I love you.

hillary said...

what a sweet photo. i love it. i'm so glad you posted it. thinking of you and your boy.