Monday, August 23, 2010

Are You Passionate?


Sometimes I wish I were more creative. But I've come to accept that I don't have "that" quality and I can usually count on others for inspiration because I have so many wonderfully talented friends. The one element I really wish I could add to my personality would be passion.

In my life there have definitely been things I've been drawn to and enjoyed doing like dancing, singing, and playing the piano. But I've never had that "I'll achieve this goal no matter what it takes" kind of feeling about anything. Over the past few years I've tried very hard to compel myself to be passionate about motherhood as it is my current calling and will continue to be the rest of my life. Alas, passion can't be forced.

What I do feel strongly about is my faith. My testimony is very deep and very real. It's what makes me who I am and encourages me to be better every day. So while I'm not a very good housewife and I'm certainly not the best mother, the foundation of my life is based on good principles and kindness. If nothing else, I'd like to just be remembered as an all around nice person. I may not be intense about achieving this goal, but I hope years of consistency will add up to something like passion.

2 comments:

Tina McKinnon said...

I think you can rest assured that that quality will be listed among your credits!

crazy lady said...

Oh Mel!
You are WAY too hard on yourself! You are wonderfully amazing and have so many fine qualities...Consistent kindness, faith, and efforts to improve easily outweigh "passion" in my book. Your deep abiding faith is something that many people never obtain.