Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yorkie Has Been Claimed


We are in a minor state of sadness and depression today.

Last night, I received a call from a woman who was missing a Yorkie
and lived right around the same area where Pearl was found.
She knew the color of Pearl's collar and
had a sign with a picture and info confirming their ownership.
She'd found me through the ad I posted on craigslist
and told me the dog (Bailey) belonged to her 2 year old grandson.
I conceded that it was probably her dog that we'd found 
so she and her daughter came straight over to pick up the little lost Yorkie.
They were so happy to see her and it was very clear
that she remembered the two women declaring their ownership.

Thus ends the few days we were given to watch and enjoy 
an adorable toy Yorkie that we'd never have the chance
to take care of or play with in any other situation.
It is definitely the hardest separation we've had to endure
since we began to foster dogs back in January.

I'm still not sure I'm ready to commit to a full time dog.
This really was a good experiment for me to assess
 where I'm at regarding the costs, consequences,
and responsibilities that are all inclusive
with a permanent family dog.

I will probably start fostering again this fall.
But until then, I will focus on Gracie, Robby,
my home and my sanity.

Quick Side Bar:
Doesn't Pearl look exactly like Sir Didymus from Labyrinth?

No comments: