Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Cream of Celery Recipe


Cream of Celery is my most favorite Campbell's Soup. It's taken some time but I've created my own chicken and rice casserole that's easy and yummy. And not the kind of "easy" where it's low on ingredients but labor-intensive. Or the kind of "easy" that requires random unusual ingredients but is easy to put together. It feels like it's impossible for me to find a recipe that works for me as I do not enjoy the type of cooking that includes chopping, sauteing, or multiple complicated steps.

So here is my Chicken & Rice Casserole Creation. Nothin fancy, just yummy.

1 can Cream of Celery soup
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked rice (white or brown)
1/4 tsp black ground pepper
2 defrosted chicken breasts (you can use up to 4; we are just a little family)
Shredded Cheddar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix soup, water, rice, and pepper in a 9x13 pan.
Add chicken, coat in soup mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
Cook 45 minutes.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar over chicken, as much as desired.
Cook 5 more minutes.

Eat and enjoy!

3 comments:

Tina McKinnon said...

that sounds really good. I love that kind of stuff... i'm gonna try it! Thanks for sharing!

Amy Legler said...

Super yummy! If you crock pot, I love just throwing in a few chicken breast (were a small family too) and then just throwing in a few cans of whatever. Our fav so far is a can of chicken broth, can of cream of chicken and a can of stewed tomatoes.

Michael and Bethany said...

You are my kind of cook! Ingredients on hand plus lack of chopping equals a perfect dinner :)