Saturday, September 11, 2010

Instant Best Friends


Cast Off Cockers contacted me last week in desperate need of a foster home for one of their puppies. I was pretty hesitant at first because of the cat/dog situation. But I made a quick last minute decision and assumed responsibility for both animals.

Gracie and I picked up the dog, a female named Monet (which name we never use), and she immediately went to Gracie and kept her company the entire ride home. They have been almost inseparable ever since. Monet even slept outside Gracie's door last night.

There has only been one incident between the cat and the dog, and it was induced by Robby. He got it on video and everything. As soon as he sends it to me, I'll put it up because it is pretty hilarious. Needless to say, the cat hisses when the dog gets near her and the dog whines and cowers when the cat hisses. Consolation is required on all sides, mostly for my benefit because I feel terrible at the thought of tension between household members.

I'm giving the situation a 1 to 2 week time frame to see how we handle things. It should be interesting.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

That's so sweet that Monet just seems to "know" Gracie. Animals totally have a sixth sense like that.

Tina McKinnon said...

You mean you might keep this one if they get along? Sweet!