Monday, November 8, 2010

A Tense Relationship


I love watching Gracie with the cat. The cat never freaks out on her, just helplessly mee-yews and anxiously waits until Gracie is done playing with her. Pumpkin's a good sport. We actually never refer to her as "Pumpkin." She's "The Cat." We never called our dogs by their names either. I don't know why.

I'm personally really enjoying the cat. She's surprisingly comforting. She follows me around the house, assesses my situation, then finds a spot nearby to set up camp. It's nice having her around. However, I've unintentionally entered the dangerous territory I'd always sworn to avoid: I'm emotionally attached to an animal where losing her would be traumatic for me. Since I can't control it, I've decided to embrace it. We'll see how this goes.

4 comments:

Lacey Lue said...

oh my goodness... I seriously love this! she is such a cutie! and that cat is huge!

Lyndsay said...

She looks JUST like the cats I had growing up! :)

Kelsey said...

What a good kitty! My cat wont even let me touch her. And she's so fluffy! I love cats, and I'm happy to hear that you have a special kitty, too.

crazy lady said...

Shes' enormous! She looks like the Maine Coon cat we had in Seattle, which was a real lovey cat (and I'm not really a cat person - Kelsey didn't get that from me)... But, I have found that they can be companionable. Our current cats are going on 17 years... you never know.