Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oreo Truffle Birthday Cake

This is all that remains of my absolutely incredible birthday cake. It started out like this but was quickly devoured by our close friends at a get-together we had tonight. It was so much fun to see everyone and play games and chat and catch up.

The rest of my day included finding my new scent at Bath & Body Works (it's Twilight Woods, by the way), meandering around Bookmans and finally settling on Angela's Ashes as the book I wanted to add to my shelf, not cleaning a single thing but taking a nap instead, and doing this all guilt free. That's what gets me most day's is the guilt of doing something enjoyable when I should be doing something productive or helpful. Today I did not have to worry about anything and that was really the very best birthday present Robby could give me.

So now I'm 26 and while it's not super old, it's still something to get used to. I'll have to adjust.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birhtday to you! I got the same sent for Christmas, Now when I sit next to you at church we can smell good together.

stephanie said...

i hope your day was a good one, mel. it was fun to see you last night. let's do it again.

grandmasmith said...

I'm happy you had a nice birthday. It sounded like fun. I have read Angela's Ashes. At the least it will help you appreciate what you have. :-) I'm leaving on a jet plane tomorrow. Love...

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Mel, I've been a little under the weather so I'm late in sending my birthday wishes. I'm glad you had a fun day. Love Debbie H.

Becky said...

Okay, that looks seriously yummy!