Saturday, February 12, 2011

To Utah We Will Go

And we could not be more excited about it! My dad flew down on Wednesday night and spent the entire day Thursday with us. It was a magical day full of restaurant dining, merry-go-rounding, movie watching, candy eating, and present buying. It was a blast. Then I spent that night with some awesome girl friends at our monthly girl's night that Robin so wonderfully plans for us.

So tomorrow my dad, Gracie and I will make the lovely 10 hour drive north to the freezing cold weather. That is the only part about the trip I am not looking forward to. But really, the good outweighs the bad by about 13,000 pounds.

I know what you're thinking: "But Mel?! Valentine's Day in on Monday and you will not be with your Valentine!" Well, I'm gonna let you in on a little part of my marriage not many people know about. Robby hates Valentine's Day, and I, being married to him, have also grown to hate it. From the chinso decorations to the forced affirmations, it is all just a little much for us. So really, this year, my gift to Robby is the gift of not having to celebrate Valentine's Day. We can show that we love each other on every other day we are together, which we do, frequently. We really just don't need the holiday.

And so I will do my best to keep this little blog updated. But hopefully we will be having too much fun with Grampa Rick & Gramma Pam, Phil & Jenna & Jack & Henry, and my best friend, Amy. Now I will start packing.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Have fun in Utah we'll miss you! Take me to the gym when you get home. I understand about Valentine's Day, I don't hate it, but I just don't care that much about it.

Amy Legler said...

So glad to hear I am not the only one who thinks its a stupid holiday. Have a great time in Utah!