Monday, March 28, 2011

6 Things Daily


In an effort to make my life better, I've recently started exercising an hour a day, 5-6 times a week. It's been exhausting but ultimately a great outlet for my anxiety. As this is only one aspect of my life, I've also been actively searching for a way for me to be able to keep tabs on the other areas of my life that need daily attending to. At a gospel discussion group last week, a sister from my ward mentioned a list that her mother tried to live by during certain times in her life. I thought it was a perfect daily list for me.

1. Do something for someone else.
2. Do something for myself.
3. Do something I don't want to do that needs doing.
4. Do a physical exercise.
5. Do a mental exercise.
6. Do an original prayer that always includes counting my blessings.

A while back, I started doing one thing every day that I did not want to do. I thought the remainder of this list was a great way to round things out. My therapist told me there were five basic areas that I needed to focus on in my life to keep a good balance: social, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual. This list addresses all these things so I really could not be more excited about putting these 6 ideas into practice.

What daily techniques do you use to keep your life balanced? I'd love some more tips.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love this. I am going to try to do it also. I really don't have any tips on keeping my life balanced. My life is very out of balance. I'm looking forward to see what others have to say.

grandmasmith said...

I love what you are doing. You are great and I love you very much!

Jami said...

I just printed out that list, what a great idea. Thanks Mel!

Kacey's View said...

I'm pretty sure a piece of chocolate belongs on that list....