Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes

I will be 6 weeks tomorrow which leaves me with today as my last day without morning sickness. I had to take advantage as much as possible. I've also been watching, maybe too much, Rachel Ray and she inspired me to make something with chicken and rosemary. But let's face it, when she says something is super simple, she pretty much means "If you have an entire grocery store full of ingredients in your kitchen and the exact portioning of produce you'll need, it'll be super simple." So I found a cinchy, non-complex recipe from Cooks.com, decided I could do it, bought the ingredients and made it my own. Enjoy!

  • 3 lbs (I used what I had left over, about 7 small) potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
  • 4-5 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
  • 1 tbsp dried rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 4 cloves minced, if that's yer fancy)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • spray oil
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.

Spray 1st jelly roll pan with oil. Spread potatoes then spray them with oil again. Bake 15 min.

While that's baking, mix garlic, rosemary and a little EVOO all together. Put chicken skin up on 2nd jelly roll pan with aluminum down first. Spread about 1/2 tsp of mixture under the skin of the thighs. (If you want to do the top also, that's cool, but it is a little much. I'd pick either/or.) Season with salt & pepper.

Add remaining garlic & rosemary to potatoes. (Side bar: You can keep the EVOO out of the garlic and rosemary mix, but I just made a little extra bit dry to sprinkle on the potatoes.) Spray chicken with oil, if you didn't use EVOO. Bake potatoes another 15 min. Bake chicken 15-25 min.

I added corn as the vegetable and it was a success. Gracie even ate some of everything! But now I have 4 more chicken thighs with no recipe to lend them to. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Tina McKinnon said...

Oh, Mel! That looks wonderful!! I would have to change the chicken to some white-meat pieces as my 'boss' doesn't like dark meat, but that does sound heavenly! Thanks for sharing!! (I hope you're wrong about last day of no morning sickness!) xox