Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Laryngitis and My New OB

Last week was awful for me. It was Gracie's last week of school and I really wanted to be all about it but that just wasn't in the cards. The week started with a head cold, turned into bronchitis, then transformed into laryngitis, which is what I'm dealing with now. I have no voice, which makes parenting extra hard.

In the good news department, I had my first OB appointment this morning. It was awesome. This doc was recommended to me by friends and he lived up to my expectations. I first went into an actual office with a desk where my history and care was discussed with me. I thought that kind of situation only existed in movies. It was a wonderful surprise. I was able to talk with him about my horrible previous experience and he was understanding and helpful and everything I could have asked for in an OB. Capable and a good listener.

I'm telling you, prayers have been answered.

Tomorrow morning I have an ultrasound because he said my uterus felt bigger than the 9w4d I'm at according to my last period. He said I felt more like 12 weeks. I'm trying not to think of the implications. I'll keep you posted.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Robby and his outstanding care giving abilities. On Saturday, he actually said, "Don't do the dishes! Tale a nap!" It was magical, except that I felt so crappy. The good news is, I'm on the mend. I sound like a man over the phone, but I'm at least up and about, among the living again.

4 comments:

grandmasmith said...

So happy about your OB doctor. I will wait for more news. Love you lots!

Martha said...

Can I ask who is your new ob doctor?

Tina McKinnon said...

hmmmmm??? Implications? Oh, brother! xox :)

Crazy Lifferths said...

I am going to guess that your new OB is Dr.Huish! He is my OB out there that delivered Kade and he was a DREAM come true. I LOVED sitting in his office and chatting about my history! He was so good. I am glad that your ultrasound everything looked good. Congrats again!