Friday, June 3, 2011

Why I Love My Marriage

  1. We still say please and thank you to each other for small things around the house, even though they are essentially our regular responsibilities. We just appreciate the crap out of each other.
  2. We are best friends. Have you met Robby? He's hilarious and as fun to live with as you might imagine.
  3. We make being together our priority each day. Neither of us really has a hobby, so we say our hobby is each other. When Robby's not working and when I'm not doing the things a housewife does, we are almost always together.
  4. We started out as friends. Albeit, we did not see eye to eye on many things, and we both still have our opinions, but living together and working toward a common goal of happiness has softened out the rough edges.
  5. We both feel incredibly lucky to have each other. No one is above the other and no one belittles the other. We are equal with our own strengths to help each other.
  6. We don't like drama. Never have. When we feel an argument heading towards the dramatic, we both recognize it and it never lasts long.
  7. We have amazing chemistry. It was the top thing that drew me toward Robby. He's so easy to snuggle and is always completely aware of how I'm feeling.
  8. We have a lot in common. We both like a lot of the same things, but we still have our battles about music, where we are totally opposite, and some movies. But we could watch stand up all night long.
  9. Robby makes me want to be a better person. Ever since I met him, I've felt this way and have been trying to better myself for him. He's such a good man.
  10. Robby is the hardest worker you will ever meet. I could give you plenty of referrals. All I know is I've never met anyone who works as hard as he does.
  11. Robby is a great dad. He makes a point to spend time with Gracie every night, even if he's tired from work. It's obvious through his actions that his children mean a lot to him.
  12. Neither of us leave the house without kissing each other. At least we try not to. It's important to us to separate on good terms and it's something we always try to stay aware of.
I could go on and on, but these are the main reasons I'm so happy and why I love my marriage so much. I'm so lucky and so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who supports me and sustains me and makes my life so amazing. I don't know what I would do without him.

2 comments:

karl and kacey reed said...

If you are going to appreciate someone.. you might as well appreciate the crap out of them. hahah Glad you two love birds are still so twitterpated!

Tina McKinnon said...

Me, too!! I makes us happy to see our kids so happy.... keep up the good work!
xox
mom