Saturday, July 2, 2011

Belly @ 14 Weeks


I guess I don't really know where I've been the past week and a half. I started teaching piano lessons so that has kept me pretty busy. It's actually been great. Turns out I know a lot about piano, having taken it myself for so many years, so it's really not hard to teach it to other people. Plus, the curriculum I use makes it pretty easy, too. I think I've just been in a little slump I've been trying to get out of lately. Today was the first really good day I've had in a while, so I thought I should at least let my blog reflect that.

Next week we are heading up to Utah for the 1st Annual Holmes Family Reunion with my brother and sisters and their families. We are all so excited. Gracie packed her backpack a couple weeks ago with some puppets so she could "play puppets with Gramma and Grandpa." I'm excited for a vacation with Robby because it's been over a year since we've been anywhere together. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the packing. I can handle the drive, but packing makes me crazy. I'm just going to try not to focus on how much I dislike it and keep the end result in mind.

Other than that, things are pretty regular. My morning sickness is almost all the way gone, but has showed up the past couple of evenings for no reason at all. My belly is getting bigger which makes things like finding clothes to wear and exercising really interesting. I wish I didn't hate clothes shopping so badly, otherwise I'd totally be out there looking for some new shorts and shirts. These days I usually sport a loose shirt and my gray skirt or some ever-tightening shorts with the question mark belly band. I didn't do laundry for a week which meant the 3 outfits that still fit me were unavailable for today's outing, so I had to squeeze into an older pair of pants. It was not fun. Needless to say, I will be doing my best to keep on top of laundry.

No comments: