Friday, August 5, 2011

20 Weeks: Halfway There

I'm borrowing Jenna's pregnancy questionnaire.
Thanks sis!


How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Maternity Clothes: I have a couple shirts and a couple shorts but I can still squeeze into a few of the old reliables.

Best Moment This Week: Baby girl is kickin up a storm on a daily basis now. I love every gyration.

Movement: Lots of movement and Robby can even feel her little kicks now.

Food Craving: My cravings are all over the place and change frequently, but this week, I'd say bread is at the very top of my list.

What I Miss: Laying on my tummy. I can still do a half side/half tummy position if conditions are perfect, but I really miss being able to plop down on the bed on my tummy to read a book.

Sleep: I've had sleep issues my whole life so the trouble I've been having lately I'm attributing to Gracie starting school next week and me not being very prepared for it.

What I am Looking Forward To: If I can get one more maternity dress, I think my Sunday attire would be complete. I love showing off my little bump and love when people touch my belly.

Symptoms: Contractions. They started at about 12 weeks this time around but they didn't really start bothering me until the past couple of days. I'm sure it's just because my uterus is getting bigger, making comfort generally more difficult. Luckily, I have a long history with contractions so I know how to handle them.

Postscript: I'm really nervous about being halfway done with this pregnancy. I'm not in denial about what happens at the end of all this, I'm just wishing time weren't going by so fast already. I'd like to keep this little girl in there as long as possible, at this point, because I'm still scared to death at the prospect of handling a newborn baby. Don't worry, though. I'm taking deeps breaths and I intend to be as prepared as possible when this baby comes.

1 comment:

Tina McKinnon said...

Aren't 'baby bumps' amazing! I'm always in awe at what our bodies can do... I love your upbeat attitude and fun observations... xoxox