Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Girl

Since last Friday, Gracie has had several good days, which we are so happy about. However, on Monday I received a call from the school psychologist this time. Apparently, a boy in Gracie's class kissed her. I asked specifically, "So, is Gracie in trouble?" And she told me, "No, I don't think so." But then she came home from school with another note from the principal! Which totally made me think she'd done something wrong because it said "kissing another student." It's not like she asked to be kissed or even knows how to kiss back! Come on!

I was a little frustrated and decided if she was sent to the principal's office one more time, I was gonna have to go in and talk to the principal. I was also afraid I might freak out on whoever called me because I was so irritated at the fact that a 5 year old was being sent to the principal's office in the first place, as she had no idea what it meant.

This was the conversation we had about the principal:

Me: "I don't want you to see Mr.{principal} at all today."

Gracie: "Is Mr.{principal} bad?"

Me: "No, but it's bad when you go to see him."

Gracie: "But sometimes he comes to my classroom."

Me: "That should be ok, just don't go to his office."

She just doesn't understand what " the principal's office" is yet. And when I get notes from her teacher that say "I had to ask her several times to stop talking." I'm thinking, "Of course you did!"

I'm giving the teacher the benefit of the doubt, but any more principal office visits might make me lose it on the teachers at that school.

Thanks for letting me vent.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Okay now the Aunt is getting involved. Maybe Mr. Principal, Mrs. Teacher and Ms. Psychologist should get on the same page and figure out how to handle Miss Gracie.

Did she get kissed or is she kissing? Don't call the Mom if you don't know if the kid is in trouble or not. Is kissing bad when you're 5? If so, then they need to create some kind of muppet show to teach them this (also, if so, then I was a bad mamma jamma at age 5)!

What exactly happens once this little girl makes her way down to the principal's office? Does this help anything? I hate to say this, but you're going to have to be extremely involved in Gracie's classrooms. Volunteer all that you can so that you can create a face-to-face rapport with these adults that are obviously forming some pretty negative opinions of our little girl.

If this doesn't work ... I'm going in!

Tia Langston said...

Sounds like Gracie and Teagan are two peas in a pod. :o)

Matt and Stephanie said...

I've been having issues with my son's teacher. She kept him in from recess because she said he didnt turn in his homework. He did it, he turned it in, but it had no name. She didnt believe that he was telling the truth. That pissed me off.
And she has all these rules, which I get, but not when there are so many that my 9 year old comes home stressed out that he is afraid that he is constantly breaking one. Im about ready to switch teachers. Or schools, its ridiculous.
My daughter is Gracie's age. And I noticed they both have a couple of the same dresses, like the infamous pink one, I think I just got rid of it like 2 months ago. And then they both also have the pretty yellow easter looking dress from costco.