Friday, August 26, 2011

This Pregnancy

At 16 weeks along, in Utah.
My sweet sister Hill took the picture,
while my other sweet sister Jenna did my hair.

So I'm actually enjoying this pregnancy. I know. It came as a shock to me, too. But the other day I just found myself realizing that I'm not miserable, and I've been able to spend a good 30 minutes every day just laying down to watch and feel my little Sweet Pea move around in my tummy.

I'm also so much more capable than during my others. And while this is by far the scariest pregnancy (what with all the worry of losing her at any given time, and finding myself loving her so much that I don't know if I could bear it if I did lose her), it's also seems to be the most rewarding pregnancy. I only wish I could have enjoyed my other pregnancies this much.

Basically, I'm happy to be pregnant. Plus, my doctor is taking such a relaxed and easy approach to my contractions that just having them isn't stressing me out either. I'm so lucky this time around. And extremely grateful.

14 comments:

Laura said...

wow you look like a babe!!! Great photo. I'm so glad that you are feeling well.

Nikki said...

I agree! You look gorgeous! Pregnancy really agrees with you!

shauntel said...

ditto the other girls' comments: you look lovely. and i'm happy to know you're feeling so good.

Tina McKinnon said...

You make me smile!

Karen said...

Holy cow your hair! You look amazing!

Karen said...

P.S. Have you mentioned who your doctor is? Who is this relaxed genius?

stephanie said...

That is such a gorgeous picture of you. Oh Mel! This post makes me so glad.

P.s. So happy you went to dr. H

Sadie said...

You look so pretty! I enjoy reading your updates even though I don't comment a lot. I love that you're enjoying your pregnancy! I wish more people did. It really does go fast.

Lauren said...

Your picture is lovely!! And I'm pretty sure I know who the Dr. H is from your ultrasound pics and the initial... am I creepy that I deduced that? Anyway if I'm right he was my doc for both my girls and I LOVED him. Wish I could go to AZ for this one.

My name is Ali... said...

You look gorgeous!! So wonderful to hear how great you are feeling...you look beautiful :)

Ali

grandmasmith said...

I love that picture! And I love you!

Natalie said...

LOVE that picture! It's so blissful yet peaceful. Beauty!

crazy lady said...

You look like you should be on the cover of a magazine Missy!
Glad to hear you're doing so well- it shows! Love you!

Lyndsay said...

Mel, you look so gorgeous!! It almost makes me want to get pregnant again. Ha! I just love your expression in this photo. And I am so glad to hear how much you are enjoying this pregnancy. :)