Saturday, September 24, 2011

Business Trip Spoils


Robby came home from his yearly business trip to Utah last night. He was well equipped with presents for Gracie since she did so well in school this week. The best present was this sweet sombrero. She's worn it all day long and loved every second of it.

We are so happy to have Robby home. Gracie can finally have her silly time at night again and I can manage my day knowing Robby will be home after work. I'm not gonna lie, it was a really rough week for me. And being super hormonal doesn't help anything, what with the all day crying and the frozen-in-bed-hoping-to-find-a-reason-to-live that was going on with me. It's a little disconcerting how poorly I handled Robby's prolonged absence, but it also reminds me what a great marriage and overall relationship we have. I think I can manage 4 days without him once a year, as long as I'm not pregnant and also mentally prepared for the whole thing. I just love him.

Also, Gracie started her medication this week. That was kind of stressful for me because I didn't have a chance to try it out on her at home so I sent her off to school with this new medication in her system and the whole day, in my irrational mind, I was sure I'd get a call from the nurse telling me she'd had a seizure or something. So that'll give you an idea of the state I was in all week. She turned out to be fine and since we've upped her dosage, I've seen a dramatic difference.

Today was also a pretty rough day for me, even though I knew Robby would come home to me tonight like any regular day. I seem to have a bladder infection and it caused me some stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen for about 3-4 hours. I was afraid I'd have to go to the ER, but I'm extremely lucky to have a dad as a doctor and he eased my mind and prescribed the necessary medication for such an affliction. I'm also extremely lucky that Gracie knows how to keep herself busy, so while I was in bed for most of that painful time, she knew exactly what she needed to do. Once Robby came home, my morale increased ten-fold and I had the meds I needed. So at this point, all is well, but I'm ready for bed.

All is right with the world again, now that Robby's home. We just love him so much, it's obscene. But we're ok with with it. He's pretty great.

No comments: