Monday, September 19, 2011

Comfirming Our Suspicions


After all the issues at school, Gracie's teacher and I both filled out some behavioral tests to find out if our girl really has some kind of attention disorder. The results are in and according to these tests, Gracie has ADHD.

The next decision was whether to medicate her or not. She has been doing better, but every day is different and on the bad days there really is no getting through to her. So we decided we are going to try medication.

At this point, it at least gives me some hope.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I LOVE this picture!

martha corinna said...

Hi, I came to you from cardigan empire.

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago, we resisted giving her medication for over a year which I feel terribly sorry for. She started medication a year ago and has so remarkably well! It certainly isn't a cure all but she does amazingly at school and her self-esteem has improved because of it.
I just wanted to offer you some support in making that decision because I had such a hard time making it.